View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cervical fusion

Hi,
I had a c4-c6 and needed to have it to prevent paralysis. I have still have some problems, but i am greatful to be able to get around.

I would suggest you get 2 or three opinions before you sign up for surgery. You can go to a ns or a ortho specializing in spines. Look for experience and if they have completed fellowships in spine surgery. Importantly, learn the spine anatomy and do research on fusions so you can ask those good questions.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtyree View Post
Greetings, just found this site yesterday and I hope to get some imput if you do not mind.

I have been diagnosed with cervical and lumbar stenosis a couple of years ago. This past February, I had a cervical laminoplasty which was to buy me three to five years but has not worked. Now the neurosurgeon wants to perform a cervical laminectomy with fusion of C3-7.

Has anyone had this procedure and if so, what have been your experiences with this type of surgery? I am trying to gather as much information as possible before I sign up for this. It will bring a lot of changes once done.

Thank you in advance

David
nekie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (07-08-2009)