View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 02:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RSD and Heart Problems

Hi Guys

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some info or has had any personal experience with heart problems.

On Monday I suddenly got intense chest pains that didn't die down for almost ten minutes. It wasn't like any lung problem I've had, I felt it was a heart problem. For the rest of the day, I felt my heart palpatate like crazy and kept getting flushed in the face. My husband even noticed my skin went all red and blotchy when I got flushed.

At the hospital a few hours later, my heart rate was at 120. Normally I have a very low heart rate and low blood pressure. They did an EKG which was ok, blood tests showed no blood clot in my heart or lung and a chest x-ray was clear.

The Dr that saw me had no idea what RSD is, so I couldn't really ask them if it may be linked to my rsd.

I went to my regular doctor on tuesday morning, who noted my heart rate was still over 100, but couldn't work out why. I was meant to get a holter monitor on for 24 hours but all the places nearby have them booked out, the earliest I can get one is next THursday, which is no help!

I'm still getting chest tightness today and my heart has been irregular and pretty jumpy still. I can feel it racing.

So I'm wondering, seeing as the tests for other causes were clear, if this could be caused in some way by my RSD? My rsd affects my central nervous system now and other internal organs. And I know heart rate etc come under the autonomic nervous system.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Should I be worried that a heart attack may be around the corner? I know I'm only 31, and that's why the emergency doctors weren't too worried, but rsd puts us in a whole other category and age is irrelevant. What should we do from here, seeing as it's been three days since the sudden chest pain happened and my heart is still not back to normal?

Any info or advice in this area would be great.

x Kate
AintSoBad (07-08-2009), loretta (07-09-2009)