View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Magnesium chloride that is not in a long acting formulation, may be laxative. But it is a form that is readily absorbed. Notice that the product has only 62mg of elemental mag in it. That is not very much, so it might be ok for you. Start one a day or at 2 a day in divided doses with this.

I use the long acting versions of this, and it can still loosen me up.

Many people use magnesium citrate. It also can loosen you up.
Magnesium in citrate form, is used to clean out the bowel in large doses= Citrate of Magnesia -- found in most drug stores.

I get most of my magnesium from foods. 3oz of almonds have 270mg, beans, Edamame beans, yogurt, oatmeal are also fair sources.

Start slowly at one a day, to see how you react. And understand that labels do not always give elemental values. It is the elemental value you use to derive the 200mg/day dose, not the combined weight of the total product.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote