View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Question about an eMachine

Hi.

I have two 80 year old italian people who live downstairs. I do speak italian but not on their level. They called me down yesterday to see why their scanner would not scan properly. The man knows what he's doing, the woman never touched a computer in her life.

I do not know eMachines., I have an HP Pavillion myself.

But I gave it a shot.

Everything was hooked up. But I did notice, the scanner was not plugged into the back of the printer, but it was plugged into the back of the computer tower. The printer was also plugged into the back of the computer tower.

Now is this the correct way to plug in a scanner.

The scanner they have is an HP ScanJet model 4200C (they also have a HPScanjet Model 3300C

Can an eMachine be connected to either of these scanners? What is the correct way to hook them up. They have no cd's or software discs at all. Just the scanjets.

When I went down there to see the eMachine, the monitor said "new hardware detected and when I went to my computer, printers and scanners, there was one of the scanjets (so that tells me it must be connected properly right?).

But when I put a photo in the scanjet. I clicked on "preview' and I got this error message saying "if the scanner is in use, please finish the project".

No matter which scanner we hooked up, it wouldn't scan anything. The scanner was plugged into the wall because it lit up when I picked up the top of the scanner.

Any help would be much appreciated.
By the way, the eMachine model number is T3104
Thanks much.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote