View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 09:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default still confused

Thanks Tamiloo,
I have had 6 LESI's over the past two years but I was still trying to ride my bike 100 miles a week (they did help quite a bit). Middle of last year I quit riding it was just too painful and I wasn't recovering. I had a major flare up about a month ago and wasn't walking for 3 days and now I have more leg pain and numbness than I've ever had. When I lie on my back for any length of time the top of my left foot goes numb and I can't pull up my foot....I am getting a second opinion from another Ortho in the area but it being a WC claim things don't move too fast. I am not sure I trust my doctor, at first probably two years ago he said "You'll never need surgery". Last year he said "I can do what ever you want, 3 level ADR, whatever..". Just recently he says, "you need a three level fusion". He's supposed to be a highly respected orthopedic but my condition hasn't changed that much but his recommendations sure have.

Right now I'm a bit better, I haven't had any major BP in a couple days its just the nueropathy thats bothering me. Doc wants me to get a discogram and up until about a week ago I thought I would get it but now since I am doing a bit better I might wait. Have you heard of "conscious sedation discogram?"

Again, thanks for your reply and your prayers. "We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us"

Bill
bbuhlman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote