View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Double vision really sucks!

I'm going to my ophthalmologist in a couple of hours. I'm going to ask for steroids. This is just way too irritating for me. Plus, today it started to set off some really horrible vertigo.

Anyone ever have double vision and had it treated with steroids? How soon did it work? Did it even work?

I called my neuro yesterday afternoon (he wasnt there) so he called me back this morning. He said that it sounds like I'm having an exacerbation (no kidding!) He said steroids might help, and to see what the ophtho says and to have the ophtho call him or fax the report to him later.

I should have asked him for a refill on my meclizine prescription. I think I'll go call him back for that. (I cant find my Rx bottle of Meclizine, so I'm using the OTC bottle of meclizine that expired in 2003)

edited to add:

I'm feeling really really sick right now from the vertigo that the double vision is causing (not quite THAT sick, but it's getting closer to the point where I'll be making a mess soon) The double vision is more pronounced today than it was over the weekend while I was out of town. Before it was just like a ghosting of an image next to whatever I was looking at. Now I'm seeing two totally distinct images next to each other if I look at anything closer than about 5 feet to me.

I'm about to start crying about this because even tho I can see things really clearly (just doubled if I try to use both eyes) this is a lot more disturbing than the first episode of optic neuritis was three years ago.

I did some more reading about ON and double vision, and I guess they can put a prism in my glasses to help with the double vision, so I might ask for that option before I leap for the steroids. (hate steroids, but I will beg on my knees for them to make this go away)

I'm really really really hating the MS more than ever this week.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~

Last edited by Erin524; 07-08-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: edited to add a couple of new comments
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-08-2009), jprinz99 (07-09-2009)