View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 06:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Muscle? Nerve? Confused!

I have huge stiffness in my right arm near the elbow. Almost to where I have to manually extend the arm in the morning. I have hugely stiff knees where I feel I totter on my legs (recent knee replacements).... I get burning and tingling in my toes and they are numb ~ worst at night before sleep. I hurt everywhere ~ I began to drop things because I'm not strong in that right arm -- hip flexor area sore like a muscle sorness....... Neck and shoulders sore -- MRI showed severe stenosis in 3 places.

Neuro appt. soon is my last hope. Ortho surgeon says it's nothing he did, neck surgeon says it's nothing - and certainly nothing he can fix, my primary care is completely stumped, my rheumatologist says I'm with Ehler Danlos type 3 (hypermobility).

I went from painful knees and functional -- to knee replacements end of 08 -- and now am completely useless it seems. Arms, legs, feet, knees, elbows, neck, .......

What disease encompasses muscle pain and joint pain and great amounts of stiffness? Does PN cause muscle issues? I see neuro on Monday -- while you always hope they find nothing -- it would almost be worse if they find nothing.

I walk like a 90 year old.....after at least 15 minutes of walking I can ease into a naturalish gait, but my arms/elbow hurt and that night I pay for that walk in my whole body.

Any comments are truly welcome!
chocolate-helps is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote