View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Just got back. I was going to go with my parents to get something to eat, but I have the queasies now. (yuck!) So they're bringing me something home later.

Stopped at Walgreens to pick up the meclizine I had my neuro call in for me. (yay!!)

Eye doctor said that a prism might help, but he said they're expensive and take awhile to make. Said I could have steroids if I wanted to, but reminded me of the side effects.

He said that diplopia (double vision) usually goes away a lot faster than optic neuritis. He thought 3 - 6 weeks and it should be better by then. (3 - 6 weeks of this?!?!!eleventy!!! that's torture!)

What I decided to do, was sit around with this for a few days and see if it starts to get better after a week or so. (it's at it's worst today, so maybe it'll peak after a few days and slowly get better?) and if it's not any better by this time next week, then maybe I'll call the neuro and beg for steroids.

Said I could drive if the eye is patched, but since I've got the queasies today, I'm holding off on driving right now. When I do start to drive, I'm going to stick with just my neighborhood and the shopping center that's at one end of the neighborhood (dont have to get on the busier streets that way)

It's just weird when I have vertigo like I do now. I want salty food! Ignoring the diplopia, everytime I have vertigo I get hungry for foods that have a lot of salt in them. My dad is bringing me home a cheeseburger, and I ordered french fries because I know the place he's going oversalts everything.

I'm also hungry for Chef Boyardee spaghetti (with meatballs) That has to be one of the saltier canned foods around. I always have to be in a certain kind of mood for it.

What is it about the vertigo and the queasies that makes me hungry for salty foods...and chocolate. Weird!

I just put Scotch tape over the left lens of my glasses (eye doctor suggested it) to see if that helps me any. I just dont like the eye patch because it's rubbing on my ear and my cheek and irritating me just as much as the double vision. It seems to be helping.

It might also not be so obvious that I have a problem, since the eye patch is extremely noticable and I had people looking at me funny in the eye doctor's office when I had the patch on. (umm...why they were looking at me funny, I dont know. I was at the eye doctors, you'd think they wouldnt find it strange to see someone wearing a patch in the waiting room of an eye doctor's office!)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote