Thread: Dry socket ??
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Ouch,

I'm so very sorry I did not reply sooner to you.... I was away for a few days and without a computer so I just got your message now.

By now you have been back to the dentist for a second look......and a repacking of the site. How is it feeling??

The clove taste you described is actually that ....... cloves. A piece of impregnated gauze with a mixture of medicaments is placed in the socket to help heal the surgical site.

If I had been able to write to you sooner I would have told you to call the dentist and go in as an emergency because your symptoms were that of a dry socket. Again, I am so sorry I did not get to you sooner :-(( There is not much you can do to remedy the problem when this occurs other than to see the dentist for proper treatment.

You made mention of implants.... just a word of caution......people with blood clotting issues along with other health problems are generally not good candidates for dental implants. The placement of an implant requires drilling into the jawbone which can put someone like yourself at risk for developing blood clots. Also, the surgical sites that have developed dry sockets after an extraction have a difficult time healing completely normal. Meaning the bone may not ever be healthy enough for the placement of a dental implant. So between that combination of things, perhaps a bridge would be a better long term option for you........??

Ouch...... again my apologies for not being available when you sought help. I feel awful about that........ hopefully you are feeling much better by now!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouch View Post
thanks for support.
Well went to doc's this am, they fit me in, and also said i should have called them over week-end. Could of should of would of.......

He gave injections and them cleaned out and packed with some meds, something very clove tasting. I love the relief just from injection. I have to go back on Wednesday to re pack again, so hopefully i am on the right track and let the healing begin.

Another disappointment in all this is that it slows down getting a either a implant or bridge, but gotta heal first.

So thanks for reply's and support.

Ouch
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote