View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Crazy Mary's severe tremors

Hi My name is Joan : I have a 43 yr old daughter Mary , who is the mother of 5 children 3 grown and 2 children 13 and 11. She is separated and lives with 3 children the older one is just turned 18 a few days ago. for the past couple of years she has been shakey but this past year they are diagnosed as severe tremors on the left side to the point that her left leg goes out form under her occasionaly. These tremors come on without warning so she can no longer trust herself to cook. She has no car and is afraid to take a bus because of her leg going n her now and then. The last time she seen her doctor he said he will put her on a list to see a neurologist but it can take time cause she has public medical called the access card. She lioves in Moosic, pa and unfortunately i live in Nj but i dont drive and i am 71. I even wrote to congress and the president about help for her. Of course no response. She was turned down in jan for social security and she has worked all her life. They said she would hear form them with an appeal 20 days before it is due but stillhasnt heard and they kekep saying u have to wait. which is putting more stress on her and depression. How can we find a doctor who is a neurologist to at least check her out and offer some releif who will take her Access card. I am so worried about her. She can lift her coffee cup off the table with hot coffee cause u never know when a tremor will hit. Pls i would appreciate any help or advise. she has no computer just a phone.
joaniek4570 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-14-2009)