Thread: Donnellyhux
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Dear Donnellyhux

Hello there and welcome to the Bipolar Forum.

I too saw your post. And I agree with what Donna says above.

I believe it is healthier to reach out and let someone help you.

First, it is worse for you to suffer alone, and unnecessary. Also, you will have a feeling of secrecy and withholding that can become overwhelming at times. And to top it off, both your suffering and a sense that you are holding back will most likely become apparent to the other person you care about, regardless of the type of relationship you currently have with them.

You may be afraid they will walk away if you tell them about your illness. And some people do because they cannot handle it. I believe that in those cases, might as well know sooner than later.

But when you give the person the opportunity to make an informed choice imho, that is better than risking losing them to a distance imposed by secrecy... because they might may feel you are hiding something, they might even imagine that it has something to do with them.

This thread is for you. Share more with us about your condition if you wish. Like what the dx is, and what stage you are at... treatments... feelings you have about it... whatever you wish. Not meaning to pressure you of course. It is just to say feel free, and we will support you as best we can.

Did i say welcome? Welcome!

((( hugs )))

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-10-2009), Mari (07-09-2009)