View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 05:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hard to tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online-Jenny View Post
Hello All. I am new to this forum. I have had a surge or neurological symptoms that started in Mid February (with my first trip to the ER). I just had my first MRI on my brain and the Radiologist's report said it was normal. I do not feel normal. I have severe ringing in one ear, one dialated eyeball, eyelids that don't want to stay closed and flutter badly when I try, major headaches in the morning and evening, dizziness when I bend over then stand up, numbness, tingling and pain throughout my extremeties and back, digestive issues, emotional issues, ........ and the list goes on. After getting the MRI report I decided to review the films myself on the DVD they gave me. After many days of searching through MRI images online I found some photos of Chiari I. If you are familiar with the disorder, please take a look at my photos and let me know if you agree. Also, I need some advice...........my doctor seems to want to go off of the Radiologists report only, but I do not agree with it. I am working on getting into the Cleveland Clinic Neurology Department as I live nearby. Is there anything I can do at home to help alleviate the symptoms? Thanks for your time. **As a note---I also have a post in the Aneurysm threads inquiring about something else from the MRI. If you have any interest of experience with them, please take a look at that one also.
Looking at your photos, it doesn't look to me like you have Chiari. Its really difficult to tell from a photo without being able to measure it though. Most Chiari's are only 5-15 mm herniations. Its not very big thus difficult to see just by looking at it. It seems like you need to follow up with this though. It took me over a year and a half of going into the doctor almost once a week before they finally figured out what was wrong with me. I know it can be frustrating but just keep at it until you get answers! I wish you the best of luck!
semilesh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote