Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My B12 was a little low last year and I was way low on D. I have taken B12 ever since and my Dr. had me on prescription doses of D for a couple of months. Now I maintain with 2000 IUs of D a day. That seems to be working to keep my level of D up. The B12 I'm taking has also worked to keep my level up. No, there was no testing done to determine the cause of the parasthesia. The only tests were the EMG and the glucose tolerence test. My neurologist attributes it to the pre-diabetes and I have never been at peace with that. It and the tremor started so suddenly. What other tests are there? I do drink coffee. I stopped drinking caffeine last year when all this happened. I fear it will cause the tremor and parasthesia to be worse. I did not know about caffeine helping. I also get migraines. In fact the neurologist believes this is what caused my mini stroke. (I now wonder if I had a mini stroke or if the episode I had was MG. I plan to ask my Neurologist next appointment.) I wondered for years if getting off caffeine would help the migraines go away. I don't know. As my doses of Topamax increased and we got my level of D up and B12up and my blood sugar has gone down my migraines are happening less frequently. I still have things that can trigger a headache but the headaches don't turn into migraines as easily. As I have thought today about what you all have shared, I know that I am going to have to do better at resting when I get tired and pacing myself. I can't continue to push through indefinitely.
Thanks so much
Ckitty60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote