View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 10:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Laugh I'm BAAAAACK!

Hi Everybody! Gee whiz, lots and lots of stuff going on, huh?

First, I've missed you all alot - just been really busy with work, Steve's books, company.....blah blah blah. Seems like when I have the time, I don't have the energy to do too much computing! And I've had to "share" my computer with hubby and in-laws!

I am holding about the same - maybe a little more tired and definitely having more muscle PAIN than weakness. Seems I can either be weak or have my muscles spasming - I'll take the spasms cuz I can move about then!

My visit at MDA was interesting - no mention of MS! , but they've brought up yet another new thing as a possibility. It's called periodic paralysis. However, my blood test results with the high numbers for the HSV-1 was suspect enough that I am going in for a LP next month, as well as SFEMG. Trying to confirm the Virus and the MG. I really liked the 2 doctors that saw me - they both understood how things fluctuate, took note of the eye droop I had years and years ago (others discounted it completely). The main doc says she's not convinced either for or against MG - that's when she brought up the paralysis thing.

Most encouraging was that when I told her I was really tired of 14 years of problems with no answer, she responded that it may take them a while but they would get the answer! WOOHOO! And if they give a dx, it should stick!!!! So I'm just keeping on keeping on and trying to pace myself - sometimes I do better than others, but work is real understanding as well as my honey and in-laws so that helps so much!

I'm much more concerned for some of you! I haven't read all the posts yet, but wanted to post here before my "confuser" dies on me again (it's been doing that a lot!).

Erin - what on earth happened???? I haven't read all the posts, but was scared to death!! I finally saw that you're back home and doing better, so I calmed down, but I was almost in tears here. I'll send you a PM, ok? If it's the heat I think you need to come to Denver for a while - we keep getting nice cool days, and lots of rain so it's SO green here. Just beautiful!

Connie - you will be very much in my thoughts! You are so amazing to be able to post so calmly - I know you must not be feeling that way inside with those two possible dx's hanging over your head. Know that even if I can't get on often, I will be sending hopeful thoughts your way. They get these things wrong all the time, so keep the faith and keep us posted as often as you can, ok?

Kate, how fun! I love digging in to old ancestry and history! I hope your trip is fantastic, and you fare well. I just got an email from my daughter about how hot it has been in Australia and would love to send it to you! It's the cutest darn thing about Koalas begging bikers and homeowners for water - the pictures are just adorable and make me wish I could go there!
If this doesn't sound familiar, PM me with your email and I'll forward it to you!

Mary, I saw a post that looks like you are doing a little better - I'll have to read more to get real up to date on you, but I hope that my quick impression was right. How have all your tests results gone? If it's in a post, I'll find out, but just in case.

Pat, I saw your PM - I'll answer it soon. Sounds like you need to take it a little easier too, huh? Don't need any more big scares from any of you!

To all those that are new, welcome! I wish I could be on much more than I am, but I will get in to the individual posts and see if there's anything I can possibly help with.

I'll try to get on a more regular schedule so I can keep up with everyone - there is so much going on, and I feel like I've been gone for a year already!

Love to all!

Last edited by ras1256; 07-09-2009 at 10:26 PM.
ras1256 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote