View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:54 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I wonder how cool it would be if we could all meet together in one room-well for now, it will have to be a virtual room. And that works. In fact, I wonder at how well it works. I check the virtual room many times a day just to touch base.

I wonder if my head will spin off-I have been sorting papers (and filling up our recycle bin) (We have huge ones now for our city-it's wonderful) and going over stuff I haven't seen in years. Sorting photos, too. Isn't it shocking how young you look when you see pictures of yourself in the past? Always interesting, to say the least.

I wonder how upset I am with some people in my state. They just broke up a dog fight ring-and 4 Iowans were arrested. One of them was a dog trainer! Can you imagine? And one was a high school science teacher-he was the spongeman, if you know what that is. Disgusting-I hope he loses his job.

I wonder at how blessed I am to have 3 dogs in my life. They help me stay calm, help me live in the moment, help me deal with the pain, and are just there-all of the time. They are so present-it is amazing-so protective and so loving. I wish I could repay them for what they do-especially my little 5# Maltese, Tucker. Several years ago, when I was bed bound for a few years, he stayed beside me all of the time-it had to be boring for him many times, but he stayed right beside me on the bed. And Cheeto, our little rescue Papillon-he makes me laugh every day just to see how excited he is about everything. He has a little dance we call his "Happy Pappy Dance." The lesson he teaches me is to just hang in there-things will get better. He waited 7 years for a home and family, without shutting down his ability and willingness to love and learn. The third dog, Gateway, belongs to my grandkids-she is a Blue Heeler/Lab, and is a real sweetie, too.

~~~~~hua.org~~~~~
Hearts United for Animals
has lots of "magic pain pills"
just waiting to be adopted!
GmaSue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (07-10-2009), barbo (07-10-2009), Burntmarshmallow (07-10-2009), DejaVu (07-11-2009), Doody (07-10-2009), mistiis (07-10-2009)