View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 07:06 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default This does seem pretty "normal".

The only thing out of range was the c-reactive protein number--and that might be expected in someone like Alan who has had heart issues in the past. (CRP is a sensitive, though not very specific, marker of inflammatory processes). It might be a good idea to see if that could be reduced a bit through diet. (I'm sure Mrs. D will have some suggestions, as well as some info on possible med interactions.)

What I've always wondered about Alan--and I believe I wrote about this on the old BT before--is whether his neuropathic symptoms may not only involve spinal stenosis working on his spinal cord but whether he may have some nerve root issues in his lower spine (the lumbosacral plexus, where the spinal cord seperates into a number of nerve trunks). Lumbar spine/nerve root issues (the area is called the cuada equina--literally the "horse's tail", as that's what it looks like--Liza Jane can tell you a lot about this area) are VERY common in older people who have done considerable physical work in their lives. Am I correct in assuming he does not have symptoms in his hands, but only his lower body? And, forgive me if I've forgotten this, but has he had full spinal MRI's recently?
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote