Thread: Vision Loss
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear about your blurred vision, Dubious! I'm glad to hear your Neurologist and PM Doctor have ordered an MRI just to be on the safe side and hope it comes back clear and you feel better soon.

I had a nasty time with blurred vision nearly 2 years ago, however mine was caused by a medication. My doctor prescribed me Amitriptyline to try and help me sleep but I suffered from blurred vision as a side effect. It was so bad that I actually fell getting out of the bath tub as I was seeing double of everything. I tried getting onto my bath board but because my vision was blurred, I missed it and slipped and knocked my right arm pretty hardly.

My RSD spread to my arm after that injury. Almost straight after I fell, my arm started going purple and swollen and closed into a fist due to the Dystonia I have.

I went to the Opticians with my mum who said that my pupils were extremely dialated due to the med and told me to get in touch with my PM Doctor ASAP and come off the med. My Doctor weaned me off the Amitriptyline and my vision went back to normal within a few days after I came off it thankfully.

I still get blurred vision now which my doctor believes is caused by the RSD as i'm not on any medications as none helped me. My vision isn't blurred all the time, but I do get bad bouts of it where everything appears to be blurred. I also tend to get a lot of floaters in my eyes that can be extremely annoying.

I hope your vision is better today and that you are doing OK! Please let us know when you have the MRI and what you find out - i'm hoping and praying that everything comes back clear for you!
Dubious (07-10-2009)