View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Why can't I exercise

I suffered a severe TBI about 3 years ago. Bleeding on the right side and SDH. Overall I am doing well but can't seem to get back physically. I didn't have any paralysis just some left side weakness that cleared within a couple of months.

I tried to get back to my running routine that I was doing before my accident 3-5 miles a day but I can barely run a half mile before I get hit with headaches and trouble catching my breath. Have seen many doctors and they don't have a clue. I just can't build up any stamina. Does anyone know why? Again we are 3 years out from my accident so I would think my brain has healed. I also read where others are running and almost back to "normal". I want to be that way too. I am only 23 years old but feel like I am 63 with all the body and headaches.

I do stay well hydrated and I know this is very important to help with the headaches. I had asked that the doctors do some blood work and the only thing was that my vitamin levels could be better. My vitamin D was marked low so I will supplement for that. But doctor said it really doesn't explain why physically I struggle to get back to the form I was.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stuck in Boston
StuckinBoston is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote