Thread: Vision and more
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
I am sorry you are not feeling well. ON is a bear to deal with.

Copaxone is a tricky buggar too. Some folks love heat and some folks love ice. The Shared Solutions folks say ICE. 2 to 3 minutes. I leave mine on between 5 and 10 minutes. I try to just distract myself.

DONT RUB COPAXONEGive it at least 24 hours before you massage. it is designed to not be rubbed immediatly after the injection. The interferons require you to rub them after, but C is different.

Copaxone is a sharp crystal style med, and if you rub it, you fracture the crystals and it can cause fat destruction, and ruin the crystal that was carrying the meds. please wait at least 24 hours, and then hand massage it with some lotion or oils. After 48 hours, you can use a machine massager, and pound them into butter. I have lumps that can last anywhere from one day to 10 days. Please pick a new section of that body part on the next rotation that you shoot.

Rotate, rotate, rotate. its so important to avoid the tissue damage. Alot of folks found Claritin or Zyrtec products during the early months really helped and the lumps were smaller. I like Claritin cause it was non drowsy, but found Zyrtec did a better job for me.

As time marches forward that sting gets less and less. its gets quite manageable. in the early days I felt like I injected bees on steroids, and they were not happy! it quickly got better.

Make sure to take time to rest your eyes. Do non stressful visual things. I hope you are up and at um in no time.

Thanks for the help yesterday I injected into the thigh for the first time and let me tell you that was painful. I did accidently rub it not thinking about it because it hurt so freakin bad and it felt like a bunch of bees attacking at once. I am hoping maybe by adjustin the depth next time to maybe a 3 instead of a 8. I injected into my belly and hips and only felt the sting for a little bit but not instantly.So thigh is not my first choice
coletaterbug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote