View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Are you in Beijing?

Hi Mike,

I was in Beijing 2 wks ago visiting the Beijing Tiantan PuHua Hospital regarding the use of stem cell for TBI, MS and Parkinson. We you in the hospital at that time?

Dr. Diane Roberts Stoler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr4 View Post
Hi All,

I normally wouldn't divulge something like this on a public thread, but since we visit this to find solutions/success stories, I thought this would be appropriate. My story is the same as all of yours...multiple concussions, pcs, vertigo, sensitive head to bumps, etc., etc.

I have tried a lot of different theraputic techinques and all of them have been beneficial in one area or the other with the exception of making my brain more resilient to light bumps on the head or slight whiplashes, etc.

So, after a lot of extensive research and a lot of consideration, I decided to travel to China to receive stem cell therapy, which is where I currently am. And, by the way, you'll have to excuse me if this post doesn't read well, they have me on prednisone to suppress my immune system. Prednisone, if you aren't aware, is notirious for turning "normal brains" into "fuzzy brains." Anyway, it is too early to tell if anything substantial has happened yet. The docs say it can take between 3-9 months to get the full benefit of the therapy because that is how long it usually takes for the implanted cells to take root and divide. The cells also contain growth factors that naturally induce your own stem cells to begin repairing brain tissue, which also takes about 3-9 months to happen. There have been some improvements, but I want to wait until the 3-9 month mark before I make a final verdict (plus I'm also on other medication the docs here prescribed for me).
So, I just thought that I would let you all know that this is another, albeit extremely expensive and very experimental, option for us in our roads to recovery.

Also, I have learned about a couple of drugs on the market that are used in Europe and Asia very consistently to treat head injuries. Loads of research has been done on them and the results look very promising. The drugs are: Oxiracetum and Cerebrolysin. Just run a simple google search and you'll find tons of info on them. The docs here put me on Oxiracetum for the first 3 weeks and I am currently on Cerebrolysin. The Oxiracetum made a huge improvement, and I'm still waiting to see what the Cerebrolysin does. However, take this with a grain of salt since it's hard to tell what is going on since I'm on the prednisone. Well, thought I would just let you know about the three new treatments I discovered. If anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll somehow get you my email backchannel.

Thanks,

Mike
Dr. Diane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote