View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 12:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tannie and everyone,
I was on it for several years 3200mg. I didn't like the 'feeling' of being snowed. Switched to Lyrica and felt I did better with Lyrica as far as burning nerve pain. I gain 60 lbs over the time I was on this med. But it stopped the electric jolts thru by body that I had dailey and the jerks, spasms. I asked my Dr. if I could go off it and we very gradually went off. I lost 30 lbs and on my 2nd set of losing 30 more lbs. I feel much better, and have only had a couple of minor jerks. I feel my overall health is better now. sleeping better, mentally adjusted to having this disorder, eating healthy , swimming, and just generally better. I've been under a very good Drs. care for the last 5 years.
But, like was mentioned, we all react to meds differently. If I were to have those violent electric jolts go thru my brain, I would go back on Lyrica- basically the same drug as gab. you are on.
Welcome everyone to Neurotalk. It's a wonderful support group and always encouraging and learn new things for a large caring family. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote