View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Thank you for this information. I will confess that I acted reflexively on this one when I read the single use for which this drug has beeen approved by the FDA. So it's all off-label, okay. Not that it makes it wrong. But I clearly jumped the gun.

I then ran a PubMed search for "low dose naltrexone" and got 358 hits. When I added "pain," it went down to 64, and when I replaced "pain" with "CRPS," the number of articles was reduced to zero. That includes case studies or even any article that might per chance mention the disease at issue in this forum. So when AiKane's doctor said this was "still experimental" s/he wasn't kidding. But at least that disclosure was made.

From what I can see so far, many if not most of the articles used low dose naltrexone as an adjudant to a modest amount of opiods, an option that wasn't given to AiKane. That said, I'm trying to go through all of the abstracts tonight, and see what if any patterns emerge.

Thank you again for the correction. I'll report back as soon as possible.

Mike

I didn't specify....but I take LDN for Multiple Sclerosis. I know others take it for varying reasons and it's used for a multitude of different ailments. I'm not certain CRPS is one of them....just wanted to pass along the links to the LDN threads in the MS forum. Good luck and should you choose to try it I hope it helps!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote