Old 07-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
A patellar strapping, taping procedure, which your PT should be able to do would be a cheap, fast and safe way to help determine if you have patellofemoral syndrome
Thanks Dubious for the suggestion. I hadn'theard of the patellar strapping but will bring it up to my PTs when I see them next.

My mum called my PT's in the week and they said that seeing as though my knee is still extremely painful, they want to leave PT for a few weeks and I am to see them on the 29th of July. I'm glad that I am getting a little break as it's hard going to PT every week and I hope that once we stop messing with my leg, it will settle down and stop being so painful.

I had a meeting with the school yesterday to see if they could transfer me over to the school centre full time. They want me to try and go into mainstream school as they feel that it would be best for my exams but have agreed that I only have to go in for Science and Life Skills as they can't do that in the school centre due to not having enough space to do any science praticals.

I'm not sure how to feel about going back to school. I will only be going for about 4 lessons a week but even that scares me and i'm not sure if I will be able to cope. My teachers said that all of my lessons are near eachother but I have been out of school for 2 years now and the thought of going back is a little scary. Plus, my friends could care less about me - they have Facebook, my cell number, email address etc etc but NEVER get in touch to see how I am. When I tried going to school at the beginning of this year, it was too much and I ended up going into a flare and my so-called 'friends' just left me on my own during breaks!!

My teachers seem to think that if I tried coming back to school even for a few lessons, my 'friends' will start understanding and help, even though we made it clear that they hadn't been in touch for nearly 2 years now. One of the teachers had the cheek to tell us that if I started going back more, they could force them to be my friend - I DON'T want to force them to be my friend! You can't force someone to be your friend if they don't want to be and i'm not sure if I need them in my life after all the hassle they have caused!

From September, I will be going to the school centre 3 days a week, college one morning and 2 afternoons to do my Health and Social Care Course and then school for a few lessons.

I'm hoping that it will all go OK and we have a meeting with the college to see if they can do anything to help me through my placements. I will have my first 10 day placement in October/November - not sure what area in health and social care it will be in but i'm looking forward to it. The college tutors also said they could try and get me a placement in Psychology seeing as that is what I want to do so i'm hoping they'll be able to.

Thanks again and i'll keep you posted!!