View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 12:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OH Duh... just realized that it wasn't a "saturday" plate thread... it was a WONDER thread!

OK... so it looks like I might be part of a bit of "shake/rattle and roll" here in this small town of 8000 peeps.

9 out of 13 Library Staff is going to be laid off (I'm one of them - but since I am a very casual worker this thankfully will not make a big effect on my income - I actually looked at the wages I earned there as a bonus every few weeks...) and the Library Board is going to close the library 3 days a week over the weekend..... !!!

Our media blitz campaign will likely start next week... imagine having a libary board that isn't sticking up for the library... the public should be outraged!

sssssssoooooooooooo... to be perfectly honest, I am not prepared to burn up any personal anger or unhealthy energy on this "campaign"... so it will be interesting to see how it transpires....

So... today... saturday... its almost 11 am and I'm on my 2nd coffee, not dressed and see my green grass begging to be mowed... ebay listings to gather together and dishes to do..... oh blah, how boring... perhaps a walk down to the river should be in order....

what are YOU doing? what's on YOUR plate?
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (07-12-2009), DejaVu (07-12-2009), Doody (07-13-2009), GmaSue (07-13-2009), ~scrabble (07-12-2009)