View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 02:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogodlvr View Post
I have recently been diagnosed with ADD and depresion. Looking back I can see that the depression has been developing over the last 2 years, but in the last 8 months has been worsening and is greatly affecting my life. I am afraid of loosing my job if I don't get it under control soon. My Psychiatrist is treating the ADD and took me off the prozac I had been on for 2 years. I have had days of being nearly paralized since, even though I thought the prozac was not working when I was on it. I see him again tomorrow. I noticed I am more grounded when holding my little dog and have reserched psyciatric service dogs and emotional support dogs. Does anyone have information on this?
I dont know about the dogs (but my cat does ground me), but talk to the dr. I went off antidepressants for a couple months, with my drs knowledge, because of course i didnt think I needed them. I was really going crazy, so next visit we started a new plan and have been increasing and adding new things as we go. Hang in there.. Good luck
RodgaDodga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote