View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 03:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi LindaR!

Hello and WELCOME to the best site on the net for MG! You are going to LOVE it HERE! EVERYONE is so kind and always willing to lend a sympathetic ear.......

As for the plasma exchange - I am not a big fan. My blood pressure drops low 80/40 last week - nurses woke me up in a panic....and I don't get the BUMP that I get from IV IG. That (for ME) is the best of the best.

THe first time I had IV IG it was like a MIRACLE! I felt so amazing that I cried and cried! It is truly great stuff! Gives you a boost like nothing else!

That being said, how often do you have the exchange? If it is often, you MAY want to consider a PICC line for IV IG - long IV that reaches just above your heart that casn stay in for a year - per my dr - as our veins havea tendency to "blow" when we are on meds.........

I would pick the IV IG anyday over the other. I just had the exchange done last week and am only now starting to feel the effects......

Hope this helps!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
Each time I have a plasma exchange, I crash. My blood pressure goes so low that they sometimes cannot even take a reading and its horrific. Doesnt matter how slow it is done or taking lots of fluids - it still happens.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I am trying to get my neuro to try me on IVIG to see if this is any better?

Would love any feedback on either the plasma or IVIG

Thanks - linda