View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 03:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Around the "diagnoses" pole we go

How many out there have been diagnosed with RSD and then down the road had another doc state no its not!???? I am so confused and down. Background info: knee replacement 12/07 - knee manipulation 3/08 - diagnosed by ortho and pain management doc with RSD 4/08. Had open debridement of knee 11/08, diagnosed with MS 3/09 and then diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis (form of rheumatoid arthritis) 6/09. Ugh.
My knee is still so swollen and painful thought I would try another pain management dr my primary care dr suggested to try to get some sort of PT going again. Instead - these drs stated that they don't think I have RSD and want to "temporarily freeze" the nerve in my thigh. They think I have a compressed nerve due to the tourniquet used during the knee surgery. They want to freeze this nerve 2-3 times. But, they won't tell me what to expect as outcome.???They also would not give me reasons as why they don't think its RSD - just stated they were "highly suspicious" it wasn't. I almost feel like they thought I was imagining the pain and symptoms I have. The drs also stated that they don't want to tell me how this would improve my condition as I might imagine it! I felt like they would almost give me a placebo just to see how I react. I went to this University (I wont name) which is well respected in hopes of finding help for moving my leg but got something new to consider. I have had 3-4 different drs look at my leg and none suggested otherwise than RSD. Have you had drs turn the diagnoses around on you - and if so - how did you cope and what did you do? I have had so many things hit me the last 2 years - and I just don't feel right about this. But then, what if they are right...?? ARRRGG. Thanks for listening.

Lindkaye
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (07-12-2009), DejaVu (07-14-2009), loretta (07-15-2009)