View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 03:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Erin!

Hi Erin, Yesss!! In China, the professor I saw (he's extremely well regarded there) told me if it was MG, he would say he can see results within 3 days of treatments in 99% of his patients, if not 100%. Some of the patients that see him are unable to walk when they are admitted, but come away walking! He also showed me many sms from his ex-patients, many who recover within few days of seeing him. So I do believe that its possible. However mine isn't MG, and he said if it turns out to be MND/ALS, its a trickier issue than MG cos even with traditional therapies, there aren't any cure yet. However, traditional therapies combine with western meds can help to slow the progression he said. So he's helping me to build up my immunity so I can handle it better! I was too weak when he first saw me. =) The docs there found it weird when I told them that MG was considered incurable in Singapore and in many other countries. HE said its impossible not to be able to cure MG. WAs just thinking, if the methods are taught to your doctors, wouldn't it be amazing??!?! I wonder what the results will be!

YEs, its absolutely heartbreaking too, to see people who need care go without the appropriate care. Its sickening to even think about how many there are out there. Met quite a few while I was in China, and one of them was this little boy, who's not even 1 year old!! His parents had to save for months, before the mom could bring him to town to get treated for his arm, which apparently, has turned blue. Imagine that! Both his hands were of different color.

So I'm really just counting my blessings, that I can still afford treatment, and that I have all of you here!!

Love,
Connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Hey sweetheart! So in China, MG is considered "curable"? How wild is that? Havr you heard anything from your docs? Any good news?

Isn't it sick that people that can't afford health care don't recieve it? I just do not understand. When I was in the hosp last week, this sweet little 90+ yr old woman was too weak to push her help button, but kept calling for help - luckily I heard and had my mom get the nurse...the sick thing is that the VERY NEXT DAY they were sending her back to the nursing home.......It was heartbreaking............

Please let me know how you are when you have the time/energy!

love,
Erin

ConnieS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote