View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

I checked every box apart from the RSD affecting my face, organs, torso and muscle spasms in my face.

I have Dystonia which is a movement disorder thought to be a complication of my RSD. My left leg which has RSD is severely rotated out to the side in eversion and my toes also curl under me. It has been like that now for over 2 years and no ammount of therapy or medications will help it. My Doctor wanted me to try Botox but no doctors will do it due to the complications I had from the nerve block (it caused me to lose my balance and co-ordination and a toenail removal also caused me to develop myoclonic spasms).

I also have RSD in both arms and my right arm curls up into a fist when it is in a severe flare. Thankfully, it was caught early and I had lots of PT which helped me move it again. It still goes into a fist but most of the time, I can move it a little thankfully.

The myoclonic spasms that I have are REALLY painful and frustrating. My leg jerks up and down without me being able to control it. My doctor has tried lots of muscle relaxants to try and control it but nothing has helped so far.

Sorry to hear that so many of you suffer from this also! I know how hard it is to deal with all of this at times so if any of you ever want to talk, please know that I am here for you!

Alison.
Abbie (07-12-2009)