View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:00 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I said it from the begining, when so many CEOs, drug companies, and insurance providers jumped onto the band wagon with such zest, and excitement, you KNEW something was up.

I hope we can keep this topic open by not pointing specific fingers at specific politicians, and simply talk about the facts. ONce you start naming names, or pointing fingers it becomes political, and I bet will be closed quickly.

Long ago, even though I have one of the best policies shy of being a member of congress, I noticed a pattern of being denied on certain claims, and had I been of another generation, I would have said "oh well, and paid out of pocket for it" since I am a pushy girl, I would call my insurer and say "why!?" and one clerk admitted that on certain proceedures, it was company policy to push out a rejection the first time out, and it would only be paid when the clients call personally to question their policy. As I was being wheeled in for a mastectomy, my surgery was held up for a half hour because my insurance company was denying my surgery. My surgeon had to leave the operating room, and get on the phone to re explain why this was needed. It was pre approved for days before hand, and now they said no?! it was fixed, and I received great care, but only after having some smart MDs interveine. Remember, I have a top shelf plan, and it covers everything from massages, to brain surgery, but you have to be smart enough to keep a copy of the plan, and fight for your proceedures if they are denied. They havent denied anything in a very long time. I think they have my file marked as a fighter.

The media in our country disgusts me. It slants stories to be of a particular view, and keep you slanted in one direction or the other. You rarely hear both sides, or a balanced view of what is really going on. ABC is owned by General Electric, and you can bet what puts money in GEs pocket, is what is reported on the news. If there is a negative story that could effect their bottom line, they do report it, but bury it in the other stories, or give only tidbits about it.

With all these plans that are lined up to go into effect, I just want to know, "what is the hurry!?!" They are rushing so many things through the house and the senate. Why?! Probably in 2010 the balance of the house/senate might change, but that doesnt excuse pushing through programs without reading them. Without reveiwing them, and without fair time to be able to research some of the claims in them. My employer has already locked out the big teir programs, and wont allow you to pick them anymore. I am already on them, and they cant kick me off, but they have made public statements that with the new plans that are coming, the plan is to move as many as possible to those plans, as it saves tons of money to move folks off the plans that are now full coverage, and full pay, over to the public plans and simply pay the copay to keep the employee on those programs.

As a patient with several chronic conditions, I am afraid of being bumped off my policy and locked into a much lower level policy that excludes bio genetic treatments (copaxone) or MRI (i have a glioma!) or locks me out of seeing the MS center more than once every 5 years.

I too am worried.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-12-2009), Chemar (07-12-2009), diaba (07-12-2009), Erin524 (07-12-2009), Jappy (07-12-2009)