View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I am so sorry to hear of your trouble finding respite care. That is one of the largest obstacles for caregivers. We often take care of our loved ones without asking for anything because we do so out of love.

I am very lucky in that I am healthy and can care for my husband who has ms. He's in a wheelchair and although there is a lot to do, he's very easy to take care of. He's my inspiration in how he handles his illness. I have told him I will never place him in a nursing home or care facility unless I was unable to care for him and/or there is no one in the family who can help out. His mind in intact and ms doesn't take your mind away like Alzheimer's. Jim says he would go into a home with me if I had Alzheimer's or something else that prevented me from taking care of him. He's a sweetie like that.

My aunt has Alzheimer's so I know how hard this has been on you. I cannot even imagine how you have taken care of her as well as yourself as we all know that disease only progresses worse. Are you satisfied that she is now in a home or are you concerned about what they wrote or both? You can go higher up and ask for that to be removed if you never said such a thing. I am assuming with your disability you were having a hard time caring for her and yourself which is completely understandable. Take care of yourself.
Kitty (07-12-2009), tamiloo (07-17-2009)