View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I'm horrified at the way you've been treated! What an awful thing to write in the file about you.

My Dad cared for my mother who had Alzheimer's as long as he could (at home) but he had health issues of his own and she was getting more and more difficult to keep up with. Even with my help it was a struggle for both of us. He found an Adult Day Care and that was a huge help but nighttime seemed to be her worst time of the day.....so that was another issue. We finally had to place her in a nursing home after much thought and prayer. My Dad was exhausted and I was still working full time and had a family of my own to care for, too.

It seems that those who are not directly involved with the care of an Alzheimer's patient just do not understand the toll it takes, emotionally and physically, on even the most healthy of caregivers. Not to mention those who already have health issues of their own.

I'm glad to hear that she's been safely placed in a home and I hope that you now have time to care for yourself. It's a hard experience no matter what the outcome is......you lose your loved one more than once.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (07-12-2009), tamiloo (07-17-2009), tinglytoes (01-06-2010)