View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 05:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Steve,

I have worked FT since injuring myself 32 months ago (except when recovering after 2 shoulder surgeries), until just recently, when my head pain go the better of me and I decided to take a LOA to deal with it. I hope to find a treatment that will help so that I return within the next month or so.

I have become increasingly depressed since I stopped working - I think work was good for me. But I had no more sick time and little vacation time left because I had used it all for doctors' visits, and my head is bad, and my doctor felt that it was time to try more aggressive treatments. I need to be available on a daily basis whenever they want to see me.

I can totally understand your desire to work. Can you try to start following a schedule everyday to see if it is do-able? For instance, maybe set the alarm and get up each morning at the same time. I like the idea of volunteering (I'm thinking of it myself as I sit here now for 3 weeks with not a lot to do everyday). Maybe a part time job to start out with would work better than FT.

The best of luck to you. Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote