View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Breezy,

My rsd also started with surgery on the little toe on the left. Actually, I was always breaking the little toe. I wouldn't do anything but tape it to the other toe and go on. Soon it was snapping while I was sleeping at night if it got caught on the sheets. From there I went thru 9 surgeries, 3 massive infections, a vac pump on my left foot where they removed all the flesh from the top and bottom of the foot, to spreading the the right foot, then up both legs, then 2 scs units, last one left me with a MRSA infections, nursing home, and rsd in by back and sides, and right shoulder. My PM said rsd wasn't in my back and order mri of my back. surprise, surprise, he was wrong, but he did admit it. He said he really thought that I had back problems and not rsd. They don't understand rsd has it's own type of pain. It is now in both hands, and nothing has happened to cause it to spread. Oh well, I'm not letting it get me down. (much). I just booked an Alaskan cruise with my BFF for Sept 2010. Just us 2 girls...Hubby said he thought I deserved a break and as someone has to stay home and take care of the horses, dogs, cats, etc. he said to grab my bff and go with her. Yeah

Mary
Abbie (07-15-2009)