View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Have Cat, Will Travel

For you younger folks, that's a play on words of an old TV series, "Have Gun, Will Travel", lol!

I've had lots of cats and this is a first: Our new kitten doesn't go ballistic in the car. In the past we've left him at my son's house to play with their kitten when we've traveled. This time we decided we'd take him with us 180 mi. to see our new grandson.

Sugar did just fine! He played in the extend-cab with all our purchases (loves to make the plastic bags rattle) and was quite lively much of the time. Then he'd sprawl between us on the large armrest and take naps.

He didn't like my daughter's cat, Cornflake. Well, actually, Cornflake didn't like Sugar. Sugar just ignored her. Their names sound like they'd go together, don't you think?

At the vet's, another cat owner said Sugar looked like a Siamese. I was doubtful, but sure enough there are pictures of white and orange Siamese cats, called "Flame Point." It is a recessive gene, so you don't see them much. Also, he is a stray, so no big bucks for breeding will be rolling in, lol!

Siamese cats live longer than any other cats, so I imagine he'll be around for a long time. Our new doggie isn't vicious towards cats, so that is a relief! They're slowly warming up to each other.

Anyone else know of cats that don't mind traveling?

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!

Last edited by Twinkletoes; 07-13-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote