Thread: book and poster
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 08:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A colleague pointed somthing out to me. We need to work on the motor symptoms. If they were gone, we'd be fine. Instead we get meds that compound motor symptoms and make us crazy, then we have psychiatric "symptoms". Side effects are being confused with symptoms and called symptoms."

Paula - this is backward. Our current meds only correct motor symptoms - tremor and rigidity. And the meds cause more motor symptoms - dyskinesias - when taken wrong or too long.

The problem is the exact opposite - all of the other crap we face (especially lack of concentration, motivation, no sleep etc) that keep us from functioning normally and that have been overlooked for years.

Give me a tremor any day - it's all of the other stuff that effects my life - at least for now - but, of course, they will get worse.

They have a fix on the motor skills - that's why they need to find a cure, because the meds now just fix, or mask these symptoms only for a while - they don't stop us from getting worse.

We'll all be a lot better if they focus on determining just exactly what Parkinson's is - and it's not just motor symptoms. It's much more - but what?

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote