View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 07:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Moonstar!!

OMG>. you sound just like i did for the past month and 1/2!! Since the begining of November, i have been having bad vertigo spells that would last weeks and then when it went back to normal , something like moving my head just right or looking at flashin lights would trip it off. I would hold my head at an angle and not move it and i was able to walk around the house to a point that i could get to the bath room and something to drink. I have Meniers dz and the vertigo was differrent from my menieres vertigo.. and i told that to my primary doc.. just gave me and antibiotic and said this should fix it. well nope.. didnt at all.. i have been poping meclizine like its freekin candy in hopes that it might help. So my pcp sent me to my ENT.. he thought it was Benign Postional Vertigo and gave me positions to do when it happens.. well.. he just didnt get it that it doesnt go away when it hits.. so my PCP sent me to a nurologist and he did a CT and said maybe its migraine related.. although i never had head aches?? But he doesnt know what it and said good luck and if it gets worse then maybe he could figure it out.. hahah thanks right.. so i go back to my PCP and siad listen, can it be sugar or my thyroid being out of wack again, and so he did bld work... I had a high sugar level and it was in my urine also.. sooo he did more indepth and figured out that i dont have sugar (well not as of yet) that my thyroid was way out of wack and the one main level that they normally ck didnt catch it and that being out of wack could cause my veritgo and the "different" feeling i was getting with them. I thought i had a brain tumor or somthing bc no doc would believe me and just told me that i had to live with it , and deal with them when they hit. Thank god i dont work or else i wouldnt ahve a job right now!! At least i got my PCP to listen and i have been on the increased dose of my thyroid meds adn , knock on wood.. havnet had a spell yet!!! I sooo know where you are comming from... But something else that helped me to get the attacks to stop for a little bit and i think over all helped me get so i could drive and then coudl feel the attacks come on.. was going to a Chiropracter that deals with Vertigo.. they do manipulations in the neck and puts every thing back in alignment and it did wonders.. i went in with having vertigo and walked out with out one@!! it lasted about a day.. and kept on getting longer.. so something else you might want to try.

Have your doc do a FULL thyroid panel. TSH , T3, T4, and a free T4!! thats what caught mine and not even my neurolgist caught that!!

Hope i have helped and let me know if I can help ya anymore!!

Amber
RSD_Angel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote