View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 02:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
How much magnesium are you taking? At 1/2 the RDA you should not have much looseness.

Two months is the typical time period to see some improvement.
Even small/tiny gains, means that the supplements are working.

At 300mg you should see/feel something at 2 months. If not, it would be your decision to go longer. Use a quality CoQ-10 that says it has enhanced absorption.

Remember you have PN for 12 years!
Supplements for you are iffy for this long..some cells may be dead. (numbness would suggest dead cells).
Pain is better, meaning some improvement may still be possible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-I'm taking 150mg of magnesium citrate in powder form. I was trying to do this twice a day is this to much? I'm on soooooo many vitamin pills right now I have no idea if one or all are making me loose. I've cut back on the vitamin c to just one 500mg pill a day as well.

-Ok so after 2 months on the CoQ-10 if I'm improving stay on that amount right? If not I will go to 3 month and see. It's says "high absorption" so I think it's ok.
http://www.iherb.com/High-Absorption...e-Caps/20?at=0

-Yes 12 years is a long time and I have tried the vitamin regimen before. I tried a 6 months trail other then b-12 which I have been pretty good at about 5 years ago. I don't think it helped but for some reason I feel I must try again. I'm committed to getting in the best physical condition I can, eating right, laughing, crying and living in a way to give my body a fighting chance. If nothing else I will feel better then doing the opposite. I've treated myself badly for the past several years just because I had basically given up and said the heck with it. I've drank 2 or 3 64ounce refills of diet coke a day for years and I believe this really wreaked havoc on my digestive system. So just like it says if "numb toes and woes" if I treat myself well at the minimum I will feel better then before and at best I will improve. Now no soda, red meat, gluten, little sugar, lots of greens and fruits, lots of exercise and a little weight loss.

My vitamin list:
Attached Thumbnails
Dead horse for most here but look at my vit. list-untitled-jpg  

Last edited by Marty SLC; 07-13-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Marty SLC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote