View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 03:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinBoston View Post
Just wanted to thank you for the replies.

I have tried setting goals. I gradually have tried to increase how far I run but can't get past the 1/2 mile. I do work out in a gym but even there I can have headaches after lifting.

I have told the doctors it feels like pressure headaches but their words of wisdom is to just stay hydrated and that medically there is no reason that I should be having these issues so far out from my injury. My response to them was, OK I understand that, but I am having these issues and I really want to stay active but it is getting harder to push myself, then be down for several days trying to recover.

The spasm thought is interesting. I think the last doctor is going along those lines. He stated that he feels that my brain's autonomic system is struggling to keep up when I run or workout but he wasn't 100% sure that is what was going on.
I am 6 months out from my head injury. Right after my injury, I was able to snowshoe, etc. For the past 3 months, I have been unable to work out very hard. I definitely cannot run. After just a few steps, my head is hurting. I have been trying to ride bike and do the elliptical, but I think weight bearing is important - just can't do it. I also try to lift 2-3 days a week, but find that the day after I work out I am exhausted and can't work out the following day. I don't know what it means to work out in moderation. Stationary biking does not do it for me. I even have a hard time while riding in a vehicle due to the bumps.

I have told my neurologist about this and she doesn't seem concerned at all. I never would have guessed that a mild injury could cause this kind of frustration.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote