View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

vini and others,

That "mind going blank like the inside of a table tennis ball" sounds so familiar. My wife can see these instances by the look on my face. Sometimes, I will get stuck in a stare, usually with a stern facial appearance.

Regarding the fatigue, make sure to eat a good morning meal and lunch. Maintaining good blood sugar is very important. Here in the US we have TV ads for drinks that support mental awareness. Most have DHA and other good stuff. Be sure to feed your brain even if you short change your body. Get to understand the Glycemic index. It relates to how long a food will take to be digested and absorbed. Refined sugars cause spikes, complex carbs and proteins take much longer. The alcohol is a known problem, but also MSG, aspartame, sucralose and other excitotoxins.

Let those friends who show concern know how to help you. If they understand why you need to leave an environment (noise, lights, chaos etc), they can be more supportive.

Download and rpint out Dr Glen Johnsons TBI Guide at www.tbiguide.com It is about as good as it gets for PCS support and knowledge.

Good luck as you consider these life changes. They are worth it in helping you have a more stable life.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote