View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 08:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Libra,
So sorry to hear all you are going through! Anyone, PD or not, would have difficulty coping with what life has thrown your way - when it rains it pours sometimes And when you throw depression into the mix, that only amplifies your stress and adversely affects your ability to cope. If you've given the Lexapro sufficient time to become effective, then you should followup with your physician to manage that -either change the dose or the medication.

Obviously getting rid of the stress of having a job would be a bonus but only you know whether that's feasible or not. Is working part-time an option? With my work, I've been able to cut down to 2 1/2 - 3 days per week which is a good balance for me. What are your disability options? Here in Canada, we have can apply for the Canadian Pension Plan Disability benefit, which is a governmentally funded program. Is there such a program in the U.S.?

As for venting, it's great that you are! Expressing your frustration is healthy and important. And this seems like a good place to do just that!
Keep strong and remember to take care of yourself during your post-op recovery...
Soania
Soania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote