View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 09:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi,
I am fairly new to this site - I received ssd 10/2008 - I had a w/c injury, had surgery on both elbows and woke after the second surgery not able to use entire rt arm/w/stiff fingers - I have not been able to use since 5/2008 - went on short term disability on my job into long term disability - I had w/c plus disability on my job so they did not want to pay the 60 % of my salary so they filed the paper work and insisted that i had to file ssd - by the time I filed, my rt hand had clawed - ss made an appt for me to see one of their md's after they received my medical records - I had a physical by them plus films and a few weeks later they approved me from the date of disability which was 4/2008 (first surgery - had to wait 5 mos as waiting period) even though I did not apply til 10/2008 so you get back pay from time of disability - I don't know if by my job filing paper work helped or not but my lawyer did not file for me - It was a blessing as I had no problems w/any of this, my job did not fight me or give me a hard time but acknowledged their part in my injury - hope this helps - by the way, I am from atlanta, not sure how different other states are-
overcomer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote