View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 12:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default That's me...

"She basically gets extremely fatigued to where she can barely walk, she has seizure like episodes, poor memory, speech and coordination problems..."

They tested me for MS and lots of other things too and found nothing for 7 years. I have a chiari type 1 and syringomyelia. See a neurologist until they figure out what it is that's going on.

Tell your wife, I know how she feels. Those were my symptoms. Not "seizures" but points when outta nowhere my eyes would cross to where I couldn't see and they would shake...I'd go ghostly white, then red faced...cold sweats...my muscles quivered...I couldn't walk or stand...lost ALL sense of equilibrium...sick to my stomach...slurred speech...poor hearing...absolutely no sense of pain except that my head hurt so bad...and I have the speech problems, coordination issues, and some really hardcore memory stuff.

From the symptoms, I would think have chiari checked for. I'm not a doctor, though, I can't diagnose. As a last thought, if it IS chiari...the decompression surgery isn't that bad. I had it...put me out of commission for about a week and a half...after three days, I could do things, just tired and really stiff. But it helped EXCEPTIONALLY. I might have a "seizure episode" about once every 5 or 6 months when before it was at least once a week. And my coordination has gotten better and I just FEEL better. So if that's what it is, have the surgery. It's so much better than before.

Anything else I can answer, please ask.

Good luck and God bless.
wild-at-heart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote