View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 04:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
vini and others,

That "mind going blank like the inside of a table tennis ball" sounds so familiar. My wife can see these instances by the look on my face. Sometimes, I will get stuck in a stare, usually with a stern facial appearance.

Regarding the fatigue, make sure to eat a good morning meal and lunch. Maintaining good blood sugar is very important. Here in the US we have TV ads for drinks that support mental awareness. Most have DHA and other good stuff. Be sure to feed your brain even if you short change your body. Get to understand the Glycemic index. It relates to how long a food will take to be digested and absorbed. Refined sugars cause spikes, complex carbs and proteins take much longer. The alcohol is a known problem, but also MSG, aspartame, sucralose and other excitotoxins.

Let those friends who show concern know how to help you. If they understand why you need to leave an environment (noise, lights, chaos etc), they can be more supportive.

Download and rpint out Dr Glen Johnsons TBI Guide at www.tbiguide.com It is about as good as it gets for PCS support and knowledge.

Good luck as you consider these life changes. They are worth it in helping you have a more stable life.
thanks mark the TBI e book is good simple and to the point,

it sums up much of the problems we encounter day to day

my wife also so says, whats that face for! thinking I am angry

but its what you term a absence seizure I suspected
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote