View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink I've been there too

MJA,
I am 30 and just had to have a hysterectomy because of my endometriosis. My pain was so bad it hurt to walk, my pain was only on my left side though. However, it took me six years and finding the right doctor to get pain free where i am today. I started off with the Lupron shots six years ago and it helped at first but i was also battlling ovarian cysts. In the following six years I had switched gyn drs because my gyn wasn't helping me only to find out that six years later my choice was even worse and i would end up back at the same gyn practice i was at before but with a different dr. on my first visit with her she new exactly what need to be done and two weeks later i was surgery and now recovering. Over the years i was in pain, tried iud, pain meds, ultrasounds, ct's and nothing would happen until i finally said enough and told my primary care i wanted a referal to the best gyn in my town. So the first step is to go ahead and do the lupron shots because in the end its a process of counting out all methods of treatment before a hysterectomy. good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJA - TOS View Post
I have had right abdominal pain for months (this is massive pain that vicoden will not touch). Have had every test in the book including two colonoscopies in the past six months. Everything is coming out normal. My dr is going to give me injections of Lupron, I guess to prove whether it is endo or not. No one has offered a laporoscopy unfortunately. According to my family dr, if the Lupron doesn't work, then I need to go back to the pain spec for more blocks. She says that the "trunk" has it's own nerve system and that my brain may have rewired itself to new pain paths.

I also have rectal bleeding during my periods which they can't explain through the colonoscopies.

My background is TOS and 5 bulging/herniated discs in my lumber.

I've been reading up on Lupron. I'm 47 so I don't mind early menopause.

Have any of you experienced Lupron?
pyramid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote