View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Pete,

We got a Springer Spaniel puppy just under 2 years ago when our old dog, Ben sadly had to be put to sleep due to nasal cancer and don't regret getting him at all!!

He has helped me a lot and always seems to know when I am having a bad day as he will come and lay on my bed and give me a kiss as if to say "I hope you feel better soon, Sister"!! It's the sweetest thing ever!

When we got our dog (Jack), my arm was in a real tight fist due to my RSD and the Dystonia that I have. Petting Jack somehow allowed my arm to start opening up again. I still have RSD and bad pain in that arm but thankfully, it has never gone back into a fist!

I'm lucky that I don't have to walk Jack. I really wish that I could walk him but I don't think i'd be able to cope with him. My mum and dad take him a walk in the morning and on a night when they get back in from work.

I'd really recommend getting a dog - they can be so lovely and I think they understand more than humans sometimes when someone is in pain. Just do a LOT of research into it before you decide to get one - make sure you have enough money to buy all the things they'd need, think about whether you'd be able to talk it a walk etc etc.

Good Luck in whatever you decide - I hope it all works out well for you!

Alison
AintSoBad (07-14-2009), loretta (07-16-2009)