View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 10:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pain Pump Question

Hi! My name is Kellie. I have lurked on this group for a few years now occasionally posting. I feel like I should reach out more since you are really the only people who get how much I hurt. I hope to become a more active member. But, for now I have a question. I had a medtronic pain pump implanted in March of 2007. I know they place it fairly close to the skin, and if you lose weight you may have to go in to get it put back in the right place again(the pump, not catheter I think). Every surgery that I have had has caused another RSD site. So when they put the pump in to help the RSD in my leg, it created RSD in my abdomen as well. So it doesn't get touched much. Last nite I accidentally grazed it and felt it much closer than before. It could be because it gets swollen with every pump fill which was 2 weeks ago. But this is my question... Does anybody know if gaining weight moves the pump enough to have another surgery to tighten it down? I was in good shape before this happened. I was 5'10" and 190#. But due to the inability to walk I have put on some weight. I have now started losing some of the weight. But I don't have any idea what is going on. It hurts more too. The problem is also that I live in a pretty rural area. To get to the dr's who installed the pump it would take a 7 hour drive. I have a dr up here but he's the only one and therefore takes quite awhile to get in. If any of you have any advice I would be most appreciative. Thank you all.
Kellie
AJSG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote