View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 12:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think you should trust your instincts. Drs. seem hesitant to accept that supplements can and do help patients. That doesn't mean that medications are not also needed. One thing that I think is difficult for patients to understand is that they have rights. They have a right to respectfully make their own choices. You can chose to seek a second opinion. You can read information about your symptoms. I know its hard, but I think it is probably wise not to be angry with the doctor (s). Many are coming to understand that integrating the different modalities can and often is best for their patients. Try to find a doc who is so anxious to get you better that he or she is open to hearing what is out in the world for your good health. Look to prevention, as oppose to stopping symptoms. And see your symptoms as simply signs as to what is going on. I think it is so nice that a lesson (or two or three) was/were learned here. One, is that we have choices. Choices about how we will treat our bodies. Choices about who we will listen to. Choices about following our instinct. How fortunate we are that Mrs. D has chosen to spend much of her reitrement blessing us by sharing the information she has learned over the years and continues to learn. We are a fortunate group! Thank you Magneta for sharing your story. Surely, you know from Mrs. D's posts that its the Methyl B-12 that is said to absorb the best. When my B12 was on the low side, I would take 5 mg daily, plus a B50 tablet. I did that for many years. Now, I take a lower dosage of the Methyl B12, but I continue to take the B50 (sort of like a multi B tablet). I noticed in another thread that you were having concerns about anxiety/stress...possibly depression. You might want to consider checking out D3 supplementation. Wishing you continued improved health.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (07-14-2009), pearl girl (07-26-2009)