View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Custom Colour for teeth.

Dear Bryanna:
Thank you for your comments and I will discuss with the implant dentist the situation of not having one implant tooth not fully into bone and my best way to take good care of it. As always your advice is so helpful.
I just read the posts by Didi and goodness she has been through SO much with her teeth. Your comments about crowns are very astute and helpful.
I wanted to make some comments here as to tooth colour and especially when we are no longer young. My implant dentist wanted to crown the 'eye' teeth for cosmetic reasons (they are very dark) which I declined then he wanted to bleach them (I also declined) neither of these options seemed the best for me. However, I insisted that the colour on the teeth next to the eye teeth be shaded darker for a better blend of colour. (I have done a lot of work with colour and it is important in my life!) The dentist allowed me to go to the lab for custom colour matching - I thought the lab may ask me to sign a waiver for my request. Actually the old crowns had also been done this way so I knew it would be a nice result which is certainly is. When placing the new crowns the dentist did a little bonding on the eye teeth as well for better colour match so in the end I managed a good result with the dentist working with me. It is good for patients to know that 'custom colour' is available but probably has to be requested!
Goodness I am so glad to found you on this web site your advice is invaluable.
Hugs Judith C.
Judith C is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote