View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 02:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crombie00 View Post
I have alot of symptoms mentioned here.My problems started back in Dec. 2005 when I started getting this crawling sensation from my neck into my head.I had a spell @ work where I thought I was passing out..got shaky,felt like someone shoved a pole in the back of my neck and was turning it(muscle spasm?) and couldn't breathe....said I was having anxiety attacks.

My job was putting a faceplate on a instrument panel(truck dashboard).I was constantly in an arms out position...pushing this panel onto the IP.
Then I later moved to the paint dept.Now am doing alot of overhead work.Recently diagnosed w/ TOS(right side)...going to PT for about 2 months now.
My question is this...I am having 1st rib mobilization(think that's what it is called).The PT jabs her fingers into my neck/shoulder area then pushes into it and dang it hurts!!!Like burning stabbing pain...My eyes water when she does this.She said it will hurt but it has to be done...anyone else have this done?Also she has started traction(only done once,maybe too early to wig out about?) which doesn't really hurt but I have alot of odd feeling in head afterward...like a day afterward.
We do heat,ultra-sound,hand-bike, neck stretches,ball exercises,band exercises,strated doing bow-flex exercises ends w/ stimulation/heat.

My main complaint is horrible headaches,eye pain,and dizziness.I take tylenol for pain.Should I be on an anti-inflammatory?I have flexirils for muscle aches when needed and they help alot,too....

Thanks for reading sorry if it is rambling...just learning about all this.
Hey, i have been suffering with tos for about a year longer than you. I also came to find it was very much a long and winding road, with regards to getting diagnosis and proper treatment. I must say that your physio is really throwing everything at you - and all at once! I have had 3 round of physio with varying results - one massaged me and used acupuncture, not that beneficial. The second tried to strenghen me - of some use but only for short period of time then exercises became painful. The 3rd (current) is good and is trying to get some movement back in my c & t spine and neck - she is taking it slowly as my back basically hasnt moved properly since 2005! She loosened up a jaw joint which has almost made my headahces vanish (fab!).

Basically everything has become so sensitised and the protective mechanism my body set into place to protect me from pain is making things a hell of a lot worse and she is trying to bring me down slowly from all of that.

Have you tried using heat pads?....i swear by them.....
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote